Category ArchiveDevon Cattle for Sale
SABO ABBY is the first of our growing herd of purebred Rotokawa Devon cattle. The eldest of our 8 current Rotokawa Devons, Abby is gentle, intelligent, and remarkably easy keeping. Although she was carried by and born to our most slender Red Angus cow (in her first pregnancy!), Abby is showing her Devon genetics well. We will be harvesting embryos from Abby this summer. We look towards increasing our Montana-born Rotokawa Devons for ourselves, and other cattle ranchers seeking their easy keeping, easy fleshing, tender, 100% grassfed genetics.
ABBY is not for sale, as we are building our current herd. We will not be selling our Rotokawa embryo Devon heifers (Sabo Abby, Belle, Callie, or Dora), but will be harvesting embryos once from each of them, and might have embryos for sale if all goes well on that endeavor. ABBY’s full brother, Sabo BEN, is for sale, photos coming soon!
We have more Rotokawa ET bull calves (born May 2009) here than we will need, and will be selecting which to sell next spring, 2011. They are looking terrific at the moment, even in the dead of winter! Look for a post coming soon with photos of our 2009 crop of Rotokawa Devons!
For more information about our Rotokawa Devons, or our Devon crossbred cattle, contact us at (406)685-3248, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabo Ranch Devon/Angus Mixed Quarter Beef for SALE
Come Meet the Sabos and Tour the Sabo Ranch – Saturday, June 19, 2010, 11:00am-4:00pm. Tent Provided this year for dry/shaded eating!!!
100% Grassfed DEVON and JERSEY Cattle, Management Intensive Grazing, Off Grid Living, Eating Local Foods, Grassfed Beef, Pastured Pork, Pastured Poultry. Only 150 Spaces available, Local Food Lunch served.
After Lunch SEMINARS: 2:00-4:00pm
1. GOOD FOOD/GOOD FUTURES- How to Source Great Local Food HERE!, Keep yourself Healthy all year on Local Food, and Why Your Purchases will Change our LOCAL ECONOMY for all of us.
2. FAMILY DAIRY ANIMALS- How to Choose the Best Genetics for Family and Friends, How to Keep Animals and Milk CLEAN AND HEALTHY.
Tour with Jenny and Mark Sabo will discuss:
– Breeding Jersey cattle to A2/A2 New Zealand bulls, tightening breeding season towards seasonal milking.
– Rotokawa Devon cattle: Harvesting embryos from “Sabo Abby”, our first Rotokawa Devon, implanting in other Sabo Red Angus previous recipient cows, using seasonal fertility patterns in cattle. Testing for A2/A2 status in Devon Herd.
– More Management Intensive Grazing (MIG)practices with beef cattle
Tour and Meal: $15/Adult, Children 12& under FREE.
**$7.50/Young Farmers 12-21(free with reservation before 5/1/10)**.
This nice, full bodied bull calf is an example of the Rotokawa bulls Sabo Ranch will have for sale in winter 2010. These bulls are Embryo Transplant calves from the Rotokawa Devon herd now living in Massachusetts. 933 is of moderate frame, gentle, 100% grassfed, and easy keeping, a great example of the Devon breed’s ability to thrive on sustainable, ranch grown forages.